Dutch Rail Map
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Free stickers with every order from stock
- Free shipping over €70
- Worldwide shipping
- Hand packaged by th designer
There are a few things you need to know about ordering something made specifically for you.
- Returns are not possible. But if there's a problem with your order, do get in touch and we'll help.
- The map(s) you ordered are made when you order them. That means that it may take a bit longer for you to receive your order. Sometimes they have to be shipped twice. Once from the printers to Studio Legenda, then again from us to you. However, this way you can order other maps we have in stock, and you will get free stickers with your order.
This version of the map has now been permanently reduced in price.
This map contains the complete Dutch rail network, including railway lines from the past and planned and projected ones from the future.
It displays lines wether they are electrified (dark blue), unelectrified (light blue), high speed (purple), planned (dashed), projected (dashed orange), no longer in use by train passenger services (dark grey) or no longer in use or removed (light grey).
International connections are also displayed with lines being full (still active) or dashed (gone). As well as all the stations from the past and present (and a few planned ones).
It was a monumentous task and raised plenty of discussions. Some stations have moved over the years, for instance, however if the name remained the same as well as the line the stations is on, they won't appear twice (that wouldn't make much sense on a schematic map, unless they were physically on a different line, of which there are a handful of examples).
All in all I want to thank everyone who contributed via Twitter for contributing to the map by fact checking and raising questions and spotting errors. I could not have done this without you!
Please note: Right after release it was brought to my attention that the map contains an error in where it placed the station of Woerden and former station of Harmelen. Most mistakes are fine but this one feels dumb considering how central it is on the map. It is visible in the bottom of picture 2. Mistakes are always a possibility with maps this size and complex and simply part of the map, now. I may design a correctional sticker but that's another investment. Anyway, if you bought the map and want to cancel or return your order you can do so. Please contact me with your details for that and of course you'll receive a refund. A second print run won't be coming soon, though!
Maps are designed in a country with the metric system. Most posters are designed for the B-standard. You will find the various B-sizes and dimensions in centimeters and inches below.
|B-size||Width x height (cm)||Width x height (inch)|
|B2||50 x 70||19.7 x 27.6|
|B1||70 x 100||27.6 x 39.4|
|B0||100 x 141||39.4 x 55.5|
Post cards, rare maps, or smaller prints may be produced using the A-standard.
|A-size||Width x height (cm)||Width x height (inch)|
|A6||10,5 x 14,8||4.1 x 5.8|
|A5||14,8 x 21||5.8 x 8.3|
|A4||21 x 29,7||8.3 x 11.7|
|A3||29,7 x 42||11.7 x 16.5|
|A2||42 x 59,4||16.5 x 23.4|
|A1||59,4 x 84||23.4 x 33.1|
|A0||84 x 118,8||33.1 x 46.8|
- Shipping costs depend on the destination.
- Free shipping on orders above €70.
- Orders are usually dispatched within 5 work days, but may take longer when they are Made To Order due to production times.
- You get a confirmation email when your order has been shipped.
- If you order from outside the EU or Shengen, you may be required to pay customs duties in your country. All international shipments are sent with the appropriate documentation. Please see your customs agency for information.
For more information see the Shipping page.
- You have a right to cancel within 14 days, without requiring a reason.
- Contact me for shipping information before you return something or you may be unable to get a full refund.
Please see the Returns page for more details.